Did Someone Say Email Is Dead? Email is alive and well!
- There are 3.6 billion email accounts in 2013. By 2016, the number will reach 4.3 billion. * (The Radicati Group, Email Statistics Report, 2012-2016)
- The majority of email traffic comes from business email, which accounts for over 100 billion emails sent and received per day. Email remains the predominant form of communication in the business space. This trend is expected to continue, and business email will account for over 132 billion emails sent and received per day by the end of 2017. * (The Radicati Group, Email Statistics Report, 2013-2017
Why Email Marketing –
- It’s Effective – According to the Direct Marketing Association, $1 spent on email advertising was shown to return between $45 and $51 — and despite what you might think, email gets read. Open rates for email often approach 40 percent.
Email marketing is 20 times more cost effective than direct mail, and can cost as little as fractions of a penny per email.
68% of people say they made use of a coupon or discount they learned about through email marketing in the past month. (2012 Blue Kangaroo Study)
- It’s Inexpensive – Everyone these days is on a tight budget. Based on industry estimates email marketing is 20 times more cost effective than direct mail, and can cost as little as fractions of a penny per email. Basically the cost of emailing is the same whether you send one email to your contact list(s) or thousands.
- It’s Immediate – It’s 9pm Friday evening and you’ve just finished the day’s paperwork. You realize your numbers aren’t anywhere near where they should be for this time of the week. You have an idea to boost weekend sales, but it’s based on reaching your clients before 9am tomorrow morning. You can’t put an add in the paper, there’s no time to distribute flyers, but there is plenty of time to get an email together and have it reach everyone in time. With email you can broadcast your message at internet speed whether it’s spur of the moment or planned in advance.
- It’s Measurable – Knowing that your email was delivered, when and who opened it, which links where clicked on, and if it was shared is extremely valuable information for the sender.
- It’s Targeted – You can segment your lists based on various criteria providing them the information they’re most likely to respond to.
- It Nurtures Relationships – When you’re email provides value to the recipient the result is increased loyalty.